Stone Eagle Massage stones are the only massage stones hand crafted in Australia using the finest Australian and global granites and marbles. Hand crafted stones are superior to all other massage stones.
Here is why:
- Eleven progressive steps are needed to achieve the sturdy organic shapes and required finish.
- The natural beauty of the stone is gently coaxed from its primitive form to become a visual and tactile art form.
- These handcrafted massage stones are designed by practitioners to deliver the ultimate hot and cold stone therapy.
- Stones are shaped and polished for a natural ergonomic fit in the hands.
- The smooth polish of the stones allows better heat transfer, easily working the muscles with much less effort and massage oil, and a greatly hygiene quotient.
- Matched pairs of stones and special use stones are easily identified, making for a more relaxed and efficient treatment.
- Ergonomic fit equals less stress on the hands, equals more enthusiastic therapists and equals happier clients.
- Australian Granite is a beautiful and vibrant material, long lasting and less than 10% of the porosity of basalt. Basically, where basalt will soak up oils and other organic materials, granite will stay in pristine condition.
- These massage stones are made in Australia from Dreamtime and Kakadu Granite and Chillagoe and Pilbara Marble, as well as selected global premium stone materials.
At Tranquillity on Marius Day Spa we use Hand crafted Granite Massage Stones whichare designed and crafted into ergonomic shapes and sizes specifically tailored for a warm stone massage treatment. Generally comprising a mineral content of quartz, feldspar and mica, granite is non-porous making it highly hygienic and very easy to clean. It holds the heat very well and contains grounding and healing properties.
There are many benefits of using warm, or heated, stones. Heat when applied to the body brings about a complete feeling of relaxation. When used in massage it will relax the superficial muscles and allow the therapist to do deeper work if necessary, without resistance from the client. This is also gentler on the therapist’s thumbs and wrists. The heated stones become an extension of the therapist’s hands, sharing the work with the therapist.
Warm stones activate the parasympathetic system. This is what we use when we go to sleep at night. Warmth from stones brings nutrients to the cells by speeding up the metabolism and enhancing blood circulation. With the warm stone moulding to the body, it gives an intense feeling of well-being and is known to block pain receptors.
Using the application of both hot and cold stones will bring about reduced inflammation and reduced congestion.
A client with sore, tight muscles should benefit greatly from this treatment. As the warm stone is applied to the body with massage techniques, the muscles will melt and allow the stones to create a more powerful treatment.